Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cutest Baby in the whole world


Companies often use ploys to give the consumer an emotional attachment to their brand. This can work wonders for sales and can be even more powerful when combined with a free product. I try to stay on top of this sort of thing. I will be seeking out companies from time to time giving out promotional materials and I will expose them to my subscribers. My goal is to get you the consumer, as many free goodies from these big name companies as possible. We're not talking sugar packets here folks, I only lead you to the free products and samples I feel have a value.

Today I came across a company using the "emotions ploy" to get consumers hooked on their brand. But the thing that caught my attention was the fact that they were giving out a rather nice gift as well.

The company I am speaking of is Gerber. As you know they are a well established company, known for their quality product line aimed towards families with infants. Well right now they are offering free stainless steal baby spoons, with their logo carved into the handle. These are available to all consumers, however you must first make a pledge to your baby (this is their emotional ploy). This is special and cute, as well as clever marketing on their part.

I imagine you want that spoon. So you are probably asking what this pledge consists of. Well, they have a web page where you can upload a couple baby photos. Each photo will get its own page in a digital photo album. Then you just need to write a few sentences by each one. Anything you like, such as "I will always be there for baby Goo goo gah gah". Just little cutsie sort of thing. Once you submit your photos and a sentence or so for each photo, you have completed the pledge. They will then ask where to ship your stainless steal baby spoon. A pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Now in this day and age people may be uncomfortable uploading photos of their child. I myself would not be, but I could certainly understand. Well so does Gerber. If you are one of these concerned parents, Gerber also offers stock baby photos for you to use. I'm not sure why you would want to write sweet things about a photo of a random child, but hey you get the free spoon and your privacy is protect, right? Right!
If you are anxious to get started, you can probably knock this sucker out in about 3-5 minutes. Simply visit the following web page to get started: http://www.gerber.com/pledge/create.aspx.

If you are interested in seeing what the spoon you'll be receiving looks like, I was able to find a photo online: Spoon. It appears to retail for $2.95 plus shipping normally, however yours won't cost a dime. You don't even pay any shipping. Enjoy your spoon and check back later for more articles on the latest and greatest freebies.

No comments: