Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Childhood Promise

It's been over a year since I wrote a piece of poem. I used to dabble between words and life trying to sew it together with a common thread. Here is something I wrote recently.
 
There are dandelions next to the fences in my old church
It was a scenery that had flavour in my memory
Taking an afternoon nap, cricket noise comes from afar
Even after how many years, it still sounds familiar

Fold up the dreams into a paper airplane and let it fly out the window
Because we can't wait for that meteor sky
Throwing the coin that decides fate seriously
Yet I don't know where the paper plane will land

A promise made when growing up together
I believe it since we made a pinky swear
We said we would go on holidays together
Only wilful persistence

We pay attention to the dragonfly by the window
Wherever I go you will follow very closely
Lots of dreams are waiting to be undone
But one dream will become

No comments: