Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Old Days

Now, I am telling stories of the "good old days" to my grandchildren about the years of my growing up, and raising a family. I often wonder how the past 70 years have gone so fast and I often comment maybe time really does fly. In a span of 70 years there are 25,550 days, 613,000 hours, 36,792,000 minutes and 2,207,520,000 seconds. Did I use this time wisely? We can't go back and get that time. Did I accomplish everything that was meant for me to do? How will I pass the time for the rest of my years? Will my grandchildren cherish the time I spent with them? I certainly hope so.

In a time for taking stock of ones life, time can be defined as a suitable or opportune moment or season. I have had many moments of opportune moments or seasons, as I look back in time every day, re-living those memories of past times. In taking stock of our life, can we really determine if time flies? Where did it go?
 
Get out those old photo albums and reorganize them. This would be a fun project for you and the grandparents. Recalling memories is a great way to keep their minds active and alert. They might have stories to tell about you that your own parents don't even remember, but that you will be able to pass down to your own children one day. They might also be able to link certain traits of yours back to your own parents. I'll bet you were wondering whom you got your hair twirling from!

No comments: