Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, July 30, 2007

Sisters..Where art thou?

My little boy used to have a few imaginary friends. I wasn't quite sure what their names were but he always seemed to have fun with them. Ever since he developed his kidney ailment, he's been confined at home most of the time to prevent risk of infections. His medication does cut down his own natural immune system therefore a simple cold may lead to a trip to ER. He does play well on his own when he is at home but he seems to light up when he is around kids his age or slightly older. He longs to visit his friends and always asks us to bring him to their home to play or visit. Every time, when a friend comes over to play with him, the moment of his friend returning home is like the ending scene of Romeo and Juliet where tears rain down like a fierce thunderstorm.
Lately we have been feeding him on the idea of perhaps being a brother. He didn't like it at first but he is starting to warm up to the idea. We even picked out his sisters names, and for now, he would just have to imagine that they are there with him. Today, all of a sudden, he said something so sweet that almost melt our hearts. He told us that he would read his sisters bed time stories and would even share his toys, food and his most important precious the OG's with them.



Digg!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son had imaginary friends too. He used to read to them in the middle of the night. A little bit freaky..but it's all fun. Great writing!

Anonymous said...

This is some great funny writing. Love your family!

Anonymous said...

Your son seem adorable. I can't for mine to enter this world in a few months! I am so looking forward to that day. Thanks for providing me a glimpse.

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff you got there. Keep going. Don't stop!

Anonymous said...

My next door neighbor's son is the same way except he things we are his imaginary friends. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Whoo. That is enough to make your heart melt. What a sweet kid. In amidst your trials, he obviously brings you a lot of joy.

I'm just touched by a Dad with so much time and affection for his son.

(Our oldest had an imaginery friend called "Naughty Isaac". Whenever we'd say "Who broke that?" He'd shrug and say "Naughty Isaac.")

Anonymous said...

Your son is very much loved. Great stories!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

stopping by to say hi

Anonymous said...

Hi There. Great post and I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I really enjoy your work and your family seem fabulous especially your little boy.

Anonymous said...

I wish my son have imaginary friends. :P
He wants to play with me the whole time.. I get enjoy imaginary breaks only! 4 is fun wait till they are 5 and then 6 is like a Marathon...then 7 is the Tour the France! I am not at 8 yet and I will let you know which height to conquer by then! Great job and go go go

Anonymous said...

Very nice post, I love that your son is accepting a new sister, kids are very accepting.

Anonymous said...

I love the stories you have here. It is so heart warming and touching.

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Thanks for sharing! You reminded me of the time, my daughter entertained herself with her own mirrored reflection in a store's dressing room. When it was time to leave, she invited the girl in the mirror to come home with her...

Anonymous said...

My kid brother is called Graham because I played with an imaginary friend of that name! How I got that name I don't know..maybe because my great grandma was called Mother Graham - a real matriarch from Cumberland UK